As far as my accomplishing tasks for my 30 Before 30 project, I’m not doing amazingly well but I’m not totally failing either. So, here’s a little update.
3. Lose 50 Pounds ::: One task that is making steady progress is in regards to my weight loss journey! Since the beginning of the summer I have lost a total of 18 pounds! It’s pretty hard to believe because, as those of you who have had a big number of pounds you’re wanting to shed understand, it seems incredibly daunting at the outset. And sometimes completely impossible. But we’ve made some really healthy changes in our diet and I’ve been exercising more regularly than I ever have in my entire life before this. And what’s really exciting is that I’m LOVING it!!! And that’s obviously, for me at least, the biggest motivator to keep going. I really feel like I’m gonna lose 50 lbs by my 30th birthday! Maybe even more!
4. Visit Ireland ::: We leave in THREE DAYS for the United Kingdom. We’ll be spending 5 days with Caleb and Crystal in Wales. We’re just giddy to be able to love on them, laugh with them, cuddle their babies, [our sweet nephews], and see their local church in action. Then we’ll spend 4.5 days driving around Ireland and Northern Ireland. We’ll spend some time in Dublin then drive up the Coastal Causeway to see Belfast and some other cool things on the Northern Coast including: The Dark Hedges, The Giants Causeway and the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge! It’s going to be literally the hardest thing I’ve ever done to leave Jameson and Ava behind for 11 days but I know it’ll also be trip of a lifetime for Luke and I.
11.Hand Letter my Recipes ::: I have made some fair progress on hand lettering some recipes. I only have about 10,000 to go but here’s an example of what I’m doing.
12. Read 12 New Books ::: I’m only on my 3rd book so far but it takes me forever to read [I blame Jameson and Ava] and to be fair the last two have been fairly large. I’ll make it!
13. Be Debt Free ::: We aren’t quite there yet but we are closer to being debt free than we ever have been before and that’s darn exciting!
16. Become a Regular Blogger ::: I’ve only written four blog posts in the last five months so you tell me how you think that ones going.
27. Have a Successful Container Garden ::: My container garden is doing pretty well. I’m on my second batch of jalapeños. My sweet peppers just started growing and my cherry tomatoes all burst after a hard rain but are coming through again. My zucchini plant died. My large tomatoes have still done nothing and my herbs all died lol. You win some and you lose some.
There are plans in place for most of the other items and I just need time and money to push me forward toward them. Maybe I’ll start a gofundme account lol.